Friday, October 5, 2012

WHY WRITE?


Some of you may be asking the question, “Why write?”  It’s a good question. I’ve asked myself that question many times over the past few years. Especially since I don’t feel qualified to write. I don’t have a degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, or Marketing. Marketing is a big part of being published. My education is in Theology and Church Ministries.
So why am I seeking to be published and why am I writing a blog? There’s a simple answer. It’s found in Habakkuk 2: 2: “Then the Lord replied: ‘Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.'” The Lord was addressing Habakkuk’s questions about evil in the world and why God tolerates it. God was assuring Habakkuk that the righteous will triumph as they live by faith. Habakkuk was to obey the Lord by writing down the vision he was given by God.
And that’s why I’m writing. Out of obedience. It’s not what I planned to do at this stage of my life. But the Lord has always done something with me other than what I planned. He usually has a better idea!  I have a passion to share “God’s answer” to the broken hearted and I’m writing out of obedience to my Lord.
I’ve written a poem on this topic that I want to share with you. Perhaps the Lord will speak to you about writing His answer, too.

WRITE HIS ANSWER
If we could see through Jesus’ eyes
The broken hearts and ruined lives
Of those we often criticize
We’d stop---to “write His answer.”

If we would touch those in despair
Whose lives are caught in Satan’s snare
We’d kneel before the Lord in prayer
And seek---to “write His answer.”

The sufferings that we have known
The comfort that our God has shown
Could all be used to lead some home
We need---to “write His answer.”

Don’t think our words cannot be used
To touch the minds of those confused
To heal the wounds of those abused
Let’s vow--- to “write His answer.”

The Lord is calling us today
To be a beam and light the way
Before hearts slip and fall away
It’s time--- to “write His answer.”


Has the Lord spoken to you about writing His answer? What can you do today to minister to someone through writing?


Copyright 2012, Annalee Davis







No comments:

Post a Comment